People start with creating websites through free servers. Those with serious business eventually find a webhosting company to host their website which also introduces a bulk of domains or web addresses linked directly to the World Wide Web. In time, clients will look onto the use of multiple servers.
One who considers money will find the best deal to save money. Operating System which is free can be an option for those money-minded people. By going through OS, one can spend more in their hardware or computer equipment for a better computer system.
An example is the Red Hat System with Red Hat Package Manager which is very favorable since there is fast installation and configuration of settings. One can also choose the kind of system. It may be a dedicated, collocated or managed server. It is important to know the types of server for it may determine the upgrade options of your hardware.
You can purchase a server and input it in the Data Center. The webhosting company has nothing to do but provide internet connection to it. This will give you full control of the software and hardware but the webhosting company will not offer any additional help in case you need one.
After the webhosting company has done its part of linking your server to the internet, you are on your own.
You can rent a server from a company but the webhosting company is still in charge of the hardware of your server but you are still on your own in handling the software. Hardware upgrades are left in the hands of webhosting company as part of the contract.
However, this kind of server will entail a higher cost and you will need to have a monthly payment if you choose to upgrade your hardware.
In this kind of server, your chosen web hosting company will manage the server completely and will only ask of the information you would want to be inputted. You can refer the configuration of your program but the company will still be the one to handle the server.
- If you’re looking for an affordable server then custom-built can be your option. It allows hard drives like IDE and other parts that though not much upgraded can still be managed well.
- You can also choose servers with pre-built towers. It has a well-defined operating system however the software as well is restricted with the operating system you have.
- For those who have access to the Data Center, you can opt for collocated server. An example is the home-based server or the White Box Server. This kind of server works well with the Operating System and has no difficulty in the upgrade.
- Webhosting companies on the other hand prefer the server called Rack Mount for the servers are carefully lined up which makes the reposition easier. Since the server is quite equipped, it is demanding to choose for an upgrade.
Looking for Upgrades?
- For example, your rack-mounted server has Intel ISP 1100 with processors of Intel Pill, RAM with 128 Megs and IDE with 20 Gigs. Then you can update your drivers and utilities in (http://www.helpjet.net/files-Intel-ISP-1100.html) all for free. If your drivers are missing as well, there is the DriverDetective Software that can help you install new ones.
- If you want to move on from using the (HDD) or hardware disk drives and to a more efficient drivers then the latest SSD or solid state drivers can be your option. Sizes of solid state drivers range from 64 to 256 gb. It is more efficient since it doesn’t require much power for it has barely moving parts and it comes In smaller sizes than hard drives.
- Those who plan for upgrades in RAM or random access memory can do it online in (http://www.archmemory.com/). For example, you have an apple product then you can upgrade its memory by choosing first the model of your apple product.
Why Upgrade your Hardware?
The three basic reasons for upgrading your hardware are for better performance, greater data capacity and for compliance of requirements and settings of programs.