iPage is a shared hosting service that is considered as one of the biggest and most well-known hosting companies on the market today. It is designed to be used for beginners and for those who want to have their own personal web site. It offers a lot of features including:
- a free domain name registration and transfers
- unlimited storage space
- unlimited bandwidth
- one-click app installer
- a drag-and-drop website builder
- an integrated server
- tons of scripts and a host of other applications
- plus a money-back guarantee.
All these features are bundled by iPage and offered in what is considered as among the cheapest and most affordable hosting packages in the market today.
Aside from its value for your money package, iPage brings with it the experience of hosting over a million websites in more than a decade of hosting service. It offers a lot of easy-to-use software, from building your site to managing your site that even beginners can build and manage their own sites without the assistance of experts and professionals More importantly, iPage is eco-friendly for it uses wind energy to power its servers.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of iPage’s hosting?
All companies have their own advantages and disadvantages and iPage is no exception to that. These are the most common advantages you get with iPage:
- iPage offers one of the cheapest and most affordable hosting plans in the market;
- Offers value for your money package with its powerful features;
- Provides you with a drag and drop site building tool to help you create your site;
- Offers a pro-rated anytime money-back guarantee in case you decide to cancel your subscription; and
- It is eco-friendly as it is powered by renewable wind energy.
But there are several drawbacks you MUST keep in mind:
- iPage is not for everyone as it can be limiting for those in need of a more powerful hosting support, enterprise solutions or backup mechanisms;
- It does not have a dedicated hosting package;
- Renewal cost of hosting contract can go as high as $113.38;
- Slow server speed especially if you are using Drupal; and
- Does not have SSH access
Is iPage’s features, specifications and services good enough?
Depending upon the needs of your website, most of the features offered by iPage is more than enough to provide for your hosting needs. These are the typical features that are included a hosting package:
- $2.25 per month promotional subscription;
- Free online store;
- Unlimited storage disk space;
- Unlimited bandwidth;
- Unlimited email accounts;
- Free domain upon registration;
- Support of CMS such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal;
- Anytime Money-back guarantee;
- Shopping Cart support with PayPal integration;
- It offers easy to use but powerful tools and applications like the Web Site Builder;
Is iPage as good as its ads said it to be?
Although the company has some issues regarding server speed, its limitation as a shared hosting provider and the absence of SSH access, it is worthy of note that it provides a very affordable hosting plan with unlimited storage space and bandwidth. Its powerful features and tools which proves to be very easy and useful in building and maintaining your website is more than enough to compensate for its shortcomings.
With iPage’s integrated installers, and user-friendly tools, creating a blog, a website or an online store was made a lot easier plus the guarantee of a reliable hosting experience brought about by more than a decade of experience and a money-back guarantee if ever you become dissatisfied, what more can you ask for.